[opencms-dev] always surprises when installing opencms 6.0.4

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jan 24 15:20:55 CET 2006

After I could not use the update 6.0.3->6.0.4 for some obscure reason,
I decided to install 6.0.4 freshly under a stand alone tomcat 5.5 with MySQL 4.1
(same environment as 6.0.3 worked before on that computer).

I put the opencms.war as ROOT.war in the webapps directory and
started localhost:8080/setup.

All went fine until I clicked OK on the last window ( you are almost finished..
and the browser compatibility and settings information).
After that I got an error 503:

http://localhost:8080/opencms/index.jsp

When I go to

http://localhost:8080/

I'm getting a directory listing

resources/
setup/

in the browser.

Seems like it is the safest to install opencms as opencms webapplication.