[opencms-dev] need urgent help - 6.0.4 installation as ROOTfailsalways

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jan 25 09:06:21 CET 2006

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 08:57:57AM +0100, Arash Kaffamanesh wrote:
> >> The infamous "getting rid of the opencms prefix" :-)
>
> Use apache and this short guide:
>
> http://www.pomegranate.de:9000/cms/forum/viewthread?thread=45
>
> Is that easy!

Arash,

I tried various methods before (also that one you mentioned above -
I believe you gave it to me in the first place a couple of weeks ago)
and I was recommended (by an Alkacon employee who may be co-reading this now :)
to use the ROOT variant.

It took me a lot sweat and tears (and my company money)
to have all installations (under 6.0.3)
now running with OpenCms as ROOT application and when 6.0.4 fails on
this, this gotta be fixed.

And I hope to get it fixed soon, as said, by tomorrow morning
(again, Alkacon co-reading people may know why)

> > But the setup screen must have thrown an exception with more details
> > about step 9.
>
> Will look up if I can find such. At least the information window didn't
> have a "Detilas" button when it happened.

I meant "Details" of course