[opencms-dev] How can I index my custom-properties?

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Jan 25 12:53:52 CET 2006

> Would it be possible to change the core, so that it would
> index all page properties by default or is this too much
> overhead?

I can imagine extending the core in a way that there is a defined set of
properies that gets indexed by Lucene in special index fields. This would be
configurable in the opencms-search.xml (plus the search GUI available in
6.2). Obviously, it would mean a list of property names mapped to lucene
field names in some sort of XML.

The mapping could be globale, per-Index or per-Content-Type. This is to be
decided later.

Since fields in XML content can be easily mapped to special properties, this
would also solve the "how can I make fields in my XML content searchable"
issue that is also requested quite often.

This should not be overly difficulet to implement since currently there is a
"hardcoded" indexing behaviour for the "Title", "Keyword" and "Description"
property that should should be quite easy to generalize.

What I can say is that we at Alkacon do have no current plans to implement
such a feature. Any contribution on this would therefore be very welcome.

Kind Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior