[opencms-dev] How can I index my custom-properties?

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Wed Jan 25 15:27:07 CET 2006

While we're at it...

As I understand the search setup, as it is currently, does not provide
provide a 'negative' list.

I have some shared content folders at the root of the site and a number
of locale specific folders as well. Now I would like to build an index
per locale, each index should include the locale folder as well as all
the shared folders.

So a german index should include "/" except "/en" and "/da", the danish
should include "/" except "/en" and "/de" and so forth. Making just one
big index on "/" and then use root filtering is not ideal since the
differences in stop words and stemming algorithms. And it is my
understanding that it is the locale definition per index in the setup
that controls whether say german or english stemming is used, not the
locale for the resource.

I'll try to dig up some changes that I did on Matt's OC5 lucene module
to that end (I seem to recall I also added a specific property that
would control per file if it would be indexed or not - the
index-property in OC 6 seem to be reserved for some other purpose)

regards
Claus

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46