[opencms-dev] OpenCms 6 with MySQL 5: You may try this...

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Jan 25 22:05:17 CET 2006

> > By the way, some guys have reported that they have got it
> > installed on
> > 5.0, but as I know it is not yet officially supported
> > through Alkacon
> > Software, so what's wrong with 4.1?

Compatibility with MySQL 5.0 hopefully is not really a major issue. I assume
it's a matter of changing the BLOB fields used for the RESOURCE_PATH in some
tables to TEXT BINARY (which is not compatible with MySQL 4.0 and earlier).

If anyone wants to try, edit the "create_tables.sql" and exchange the lines

RESOURCE_PATH BLOB NOT NULL,

With

RESOURCE_PATH TEXT BINARY NOT NULL,

This should work with MySQL 4.1 and 5.0, and may also fix the issues with
the latest version of MySQL Connector/J.

If anyone tries this, please let me know if it works...

BTW it's BLOB and not TEXT since it has to be case sensitive.

Kind Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior