[opencms-dev] search in jsp files

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 13:46:43 CET 2006

This is a good question. I have one project where an large portion of
the site content comes from external databases. This means that the
OpenCms site search is not very useful. This issue came up at a
meeting yesterday.

The problem is that you need to "spider" the the JSP output: ie look
at the generated HTML,  index that, then look at links within the HTML
and index those etc....

Anyone solved this problem?

It may be easier use a separate search engine instead of the OpenCms
engine in the case of very JSP orientated site. I've used mnoGoSearch
before and I've been very happy with it.

Joe.