[opencms-dev] Installing OpenCMS with Apache/Tomcat and Oracle8/9i/XE

Tosi, Joel JTosi at cme.com
Thu Jan 26 14:18:12 CET 2006

RAJ,

I was able to get OpenCms installed with Tomcat and Oracle 9i, as well
as a few others were.  To answer your questions:

1)       Tomcat 5.5.12, running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3
(Taroon Update 4), Kernel 2.4.21-27.ELsmp on an i686

2)       Oracle 9.2.0.1.0

3)       Oracle classes12.zip - note I had to add this to the
WEB-INF/lib directory and change the name to classes12.jar for tomcat to
recognize it

4)       OpenCms version 6.0.2

When I was first installing opencms, I was doing the install through
Firefox and was experiencing similar issues.  As a last resort, I tried
the install using IE and then everything went fine.  However, it seems
like I was the only person experiencing that issue.

Hope that helps,

Joel