[opencms-dev] UTF-8 in Title and NavText properties of resource types

Panos Kavalagios Panagiotis.Kavalagios at eurodyn.com
Thu Jan 26 16:51:07 CET 2006

Dear all,

    I would like your guidance on the following problem. I'm using
OpenCms 6.0.3 on Linux with Java 1.5.0 , Tomcat 5.5.12 and MySQL 4.1.16.
While trying to create a multi-language content everything works fine
and it is displayed correctly, but when you try to enter Greek or other
Eastern European language set you get all your non-English characters
replaced by '?'.

    I have already put everywhere the property content-encoding to UTF-8
to html and jsp temlate files and in jsp files I have already used
pageEncoding="UTF-8" directive to no avail. The same result you get if
you try to use templateone template and for all resource types.

  This is a very series problem, since it disables the possibility to
have a multi-language site. You cannot have only multi-language content,
you will also need localised site navigation.

Kind regards,

--
Panagiotis Th. Kavalagios
Electrical & Computer Engineer