[opencms-dev] Viewing 'expired' articles?

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Fri Jan 27 21:44:11 CET 2006

On 27/01/2006, at 10:38 PM, Robert Petermeier wrote:

> Nigel Kersten schrieb:
>> I'm wondering if there is any way we can retrieve 'expired' XML
>> content so that we could list it on an archive page?
>
> You could write your own resource collector which returns expired
> items. The class has to be registered in the OpenCms config. Then,
> it can be used by the contentload tag (which has an attribute
> 'collector', IIRC) in the template for showing expired items.
>
> Take a look at
> - package org.opencms.file.collectors
> - class org.opencms.file.CmsResourceFilter
> - opencms-vfs.xml, element '<collectors>'

Ahah. So either I write another resource collector with a few more
options for expired articles, or I use custom properties in the XML
and do checking manually in my jsp pages based on whether I want
expired articles or not?

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.