[opencms-dev] Benefits of 6.2 over 6.0.x

Joachim Zittmayr joachim at imap.cc
Sun Jan 29 17:42:30 CET 2006

hi list!
hi ocms-developers!

what about a sound jmx-interface to opencms? is it planned for 6.2?
applications could interact with opencms from an external environment.
i'm thinking about an interface from ides (eclipse, intellij idea,
etc...) to opencms and develop apps through the ide.

greet from .at!
joachim zittmayr

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 11:31:09 +0100, "Alexander Kandzior"
<alex at opencms.org> said:
> Regarding the features of the upcoming 6.2 relese:
>
> >  will there be a new workflow interface (or new workflow features) in this
> version?
>
> No. We are talking to potential sponsors and hope to start working on
> these
> in the 2nd half of this year.
>
> > Does the 6.2 include also the major improvement of handling resources via
> reference instead of literal path, so that moving resources does not
> longer
> makes it necessary to manually change tons of links pointing to these
> resources, etc.?
>
> No. This is part of the "Content Relationship Engine" that we also hope
> start working on in the 2nd half of this year.
>
> > The newsletter module will be include in the 6.2?
>
> No, there will be no read made newsletter module in 6.6.
>
> We started work on the coffee cooking function, but it is still in the
> early
> stages, it probably won't make it in the 6.2. Also the automatic
> breakfast
> dispenser module is still "on hold". The nuclear power plant control
> facility feature project was unfortunatly cancelled as the customer
> realized
> Java must not be used to control nuclear power plants. To bad ;-)
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex.

> Alexander Kandzior
>
> Alkacon Software GmbH  - The OpenCms Experts
> http://www.alkacon.com - http://www.opencms.org

  Joachim Zittmayr
  joachim at imap.cc

--