[opencms-dev] problem in using collector

Farnaz Fotrousi f_fotrousi at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 08:44:51 CET 2006

  Hi,

  I need to have a scheduled task which collect some XML files and  use their contents. So I make a collector in launch method of a class which implements I_CmsScheduledJob.

  But when I try to run it, CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException happens. Although I can run this simple code in a jsp file and works fine, but I have problem to run it in a java class.

  error likes:
  org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException: Error reading resource from path "/test/modules/news/".
 at org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException.createException(CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException.java:78)
 at org.opencms.db.CmsDbContext.throwException(CmsDbContext.java:213)
 at org.opencms.db.CmsDbContext.report(CmsDbContext.java:197)
 at org.opencms.db.CmsSecurityManager.readResource(CmsSecurityManager.java:3838)
 at org.opencms.file.CmsObject.readResource(CmsObject.java:2658)
 at org.opencms.file.CmsObject.readResources(CmsObject.java:2694)
 at org.opencms.file.collectors.CmsDefaultResourceCollector.getAllInFolder(CmsDefaultResourceCollector.java:309)
 at org.opencms.file.collectors.CmsDefaultResourceCollector.getResults(CmsDefaultResourceCollector.java:177)
 at org.opencms.scheduler.jobs.CmsNewsletterJob.launch(CmsNewsletterJob.java:38)
 at org.opencms.scheduler.CmsScheduleManager.execute(CmsScheduleManager.java:171)
 at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:191)
 at org.opencms.scheduler.CmsSchedulerThread.run(CmsSchedulerThread.java:123)
Caused by: org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException: Unable to read resource "/test/modules/news".
 at org.opencms.db.generic.CmsVfsDriver.readResource(CmsVfsDriver.java:1431)
 at org.opencms.db.CmsDriverManager.readResource(CmsDriverManager.java:5535)
 at org.opencms.db.CmsSecurityManager.readResource(CmsSecurityManager.java:5589)
 at org.opencms.db.CmsSecurityManager.readResource(CmsSecurityManager.java:3836)
 ... 8 more

  my code is as simple as:
  String param="/test/modules/news/"+"|xmlcontent|10";
I_CmsResourceCollector collector = OpenCms.getResourceManager().getContentCollector("allInFolder");
List m_collectorResult = collector.getResults(cms, "allInFolder",param);

How should I have the 'param'?
Would you please tell me what is wrong with me?

How to use macro such as using it in contentload tag in my code? I mean how I can have something like 'news_${number}.html' in a java class?

Regards,
Farnaz Fotrousi.