[opencms-dev] Multilingual folder presentation in navigation

Panos Kavalagios Panagiotis.Kavalagios at eurodyn.com
Tue Jan 31 10:17:13 CET 2006

Hello,

    I'm going to implement multilingual navigation in a site using the
sibling OpenCms technology for files. However, for folders I do not want
to use siblings as it will violate the European Commission's IPG rules
(http://europa.eu.int/comm/ipg/). Thus, I will have my files in siblings
written for example as file_en.html, file_de.html and file_fr.html, but
for folders I'm thinking in introducing NavText_de, NavText_fr etc.
properties and read the appropriate according to the locale property to
build the left navigation menu.

    Is there any better or more recommended approach about this issue? I
can think of having only navigation in files and for folders to read the
corresponding index_xx.html inside them.

--
Panagiotis Th. Kavalagios
Electrical & Computer Engineer