[opencms-dev] VFS target "/path/filename.jsp" was alreadyincluded earlier

mwpowell at adelphia.net mwpowell at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 1 17:07:39 CET 2006

For the benifit of others here I have a solution and the root cause which was located in the template code.

This issue developed as I followed the how-to template instructions to the letter. However, this causes certain elements to encounter this recursive treatment when used in conjunction with other jsp pages (as close as I can tell).

Essentially, the how-to instructions call for the inclusion of a tag within the template which includes the template a second time.

<cms:template element="body">
<cms:include element="body" editable="true"/>
<!--some html code here-->
</cms:template>

The second line which uses the cms:include tag is incorrect. I think the example given is trying to demonstrate the ability to include editable elements in the html, but this does not work with jsp pages.

The correct tags to be used for jsp pages is as follows:

<cms:template element="body">
<!--some html code here-->
</cms:template>

While the how-to examples given may be fine for html pages, jsp pages will always throw an error, becuase it is trying to create an editable element within the jsp page. There should be some sort of explaination on this subject or seperate examples for templates for use in jsp pages.

Many thanks to all those who offered suggestions.

Mike