[opencms-dev] Multiple sites in the Site dropdown in workplace

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Feb 2 16:34:18 CET 2006

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 01:42:52PM +0000, Hari wrote:
> Hi,
>

> How can I get more then 2 sites excluding the root to appear in the site
> drop down in the workplace.
>
> The following is the sites node from opencms-system.xml
>
>                         <sites>
> <workplace-server>http://localhost:8082</workplace-server>
> <default-uri>/sites/default/</default-uri>
>                                     <site server="http://localhost:8082"
>                                       uri="/sites/default1/" />
>                                     <site server="http://localhost:8082"
>                                       uri="/sites/default2/" />
>                         </sites>

You need a different connector (port) for each site, if I'm not wrong.

> I have tried using www.default.com <http://www.default.com/>  instead of
> http://localhost:8082 <http://localhost:8082/>  in the second instance
> of <site server> but that does a Cannot find server or DNS Error .  I
> have created the respective sites under /sites/ in the workplace.

in server.xml of Tomcat you define additional connectors.

If you are using different hostnames (VirualHosts) you have to
supply DNS resolution by yourself. (/etc/hosts resp.
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts if nothing else helps)