[opencms-dev] WYSISYG not enabled in safari Browser

Jason Trump jason.trump at brulant.com
Fri Feb 3 16:07:11 CET 2006

What version of OpenCms are you using?  Just for future reference, when
asking for help you should always specify what version of the software
you are using, and what web server / database you are running it on.

If OpenCms >= 6.0, you will be able to edit in netscape or Firefox.  You
will probably need to change some configuration to enable editing in
Safari, but Firefox should work.

In your OpenCms repository, examine the file
/system/workplace/editors/htmlarea/editor_configuration.xml.  In the
<useragents> element, a regular expression must appear that matches the
User-Agent string sent by Safari.  From Apple's site
(http://developer.apple.com/internet/safari/faq.html#anchor2), the
Safari user-agent string is

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/XX (KHTML,
like Gecko) Safari/YY

Of course, whether the WYSIWYG editor actually works in Safari is
unknown to me :).

If you have installed OpenCms 5.x, I believe that you will need MSIE on
Windows to see the WYSIWYG editor.  I expect you were probably looking
at the installation instructions for 5.0.  And if you have recently
installed OpenCms 5.x, I highly recommend that you start over with
OpenCms 6.0, it is far superior.

jt