[opencms-dev] RE: Exporting / importing groups

Tosi, Joel JTosi at cme.com
Wed Feb 8 17:15:49 CET 2006

________________________________

From: Tosi, Joel
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 3:39 PM
To: 'The OpenCms mailing list'
Subject: RE: Exporting / importing groups

As a little bit of a follow-up, I tried removing all of the new groups,
and then the export / import worked fine.

I then recreated 2 of the groups and the export / import failed.

Rolled out the 2 groups, export / import worked fine.

I then created the same 2 groups again, this type just shortening the
name from 'Business Development Admin' to 'BD Admin' for example, and
then the export/import worked fine.

Is there some kind of bug where if the name is too long then the import
fails?  The export always worked fine, I could unzip the file and look
at the xml file, etc, but the import was just blank.

In all of my tests, I used the same permissioning  / settings.