[opencms-dev] XML editor: Mapping fields to _common_ resource attributes

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Feb 10 02:57:25 CET 2006

Dear list,

I have been looking into the XML format feature of opencms 6 and the
related documentation/samples.
I find that this feature is quite an accomplishment and I really like it
very much.

I am especially interested in the feature of mapping xml fields to file
properties.
This by itself seems to be quite straightforward.

But: now to my question: if I map an xml field to a property, then the
field is mapped to the property of that _individual_ resource.
Yet, if I have various siblings which together point to the same
resource, then not only does each sibling have its individual properties
- there is also another set of properties, which is shared by all siblings.
Can I also map an xml field to a _shared_ property, instead of mapping
it to an individual property of one sibling? I didn't find anything on
that.

If so, that would be extremely helpful. Also, even if it's not possible
at the time being - would it be possible to change that?
I don't mind to contribute some code for that, but I would really like
this feature to exist and it's hard to add something like that, if the
functionality is not there in the core.

Thanks & Regards
Christian