[opencms-dev] OpenCms version 6.2 BETA available

Joachim Zittmayr joachim at imap.cc
Sat Feb 11 19:26:37 CET 2006

hi opencms-developers!

i'd just suggest the use of the jvm-option -Djava.awt.headless=true on
unix-like servers, if u don't have an X server running...

what about the jmx capabilities of ocms 6.2?

greetings!
jo

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 18:38:50 +0100, "Alexander Kandzior"
<alex at opencms.org> said:
> Dear OpenCms users,
>
> version 6.2 BETA of OpenCms is now available for download. The new
> version
> was developed by Alkacon Software GmbH (http://www.alkacon.com) with the
> support of an international OpenCms developer community.
>
> OpenCms 6.2 BETA adds several useful features to OpenCms 6.0 such as:
>
> * Multiple selections and operations in the Workplace Explorer
> * Native image scaling and manipulation
> * Visual ("diff" like) comparison of document versions
> * Integration of the popular FCKeditor for WYSIWYG editing
> * Much improved search index admininstation interface
> * More options for generating accessible website content
> * Added database support for mySQL 5 and Oracle 10
>
> For complete details about the new features in 6.2, please check the
> release
> notes.
>
> The final release of OpenCms 6.2 is scheduled for end of March 2006,
> provided that there are no major issues discovered with this BETA
> release.
>
> To upgrade an existing OpenCms 6.0 to the new 6.2 release, we will
> provide
> an upgrade wizard for the final 6.2 release. No wizard is provided for
> this
> OpenCms 6.2 beta release.
>
> Alkacon Software GmbH is the company responsible for the main development
> of
> OpenCms. Today OpenCms is a leading open source CMS solution in
> widespread
> use all over the world. Many businesses and organizations use OpenCms as
> cost effective, professional alternative to expensive license products.
>
> Alkacon Software GmbH offers its customers training, support and add-on
> products for OpenCms. This gives our customers a layer of security and
> convenience often required for mission critical OpenCms installations.
>

> Kind Regards,
> Alex.

> Alexander Kandzior
>
> Alkacon Software GmbH  - The OpenCms Experts
>
> http://www.alkacon.com - http://www.opencms.org

  Joachim Zittmayr
  joachim at imap.cc

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html