[opencms-dev] Adding new XML content type

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sun Feb 12 16:35:51 CET 2006

Dear List,

I have searched and tried to create a new xml-based content type. I
looked at various places and searched the archives, but I still don't
see how it works.

1.) I noticed that opencms-modules.xml contains some info about
module-specific contenttypes. But do I have to enter the information
there?  And even if I specify my contenttypes there - where do I specify
context menus?

2.) I know that I could modify opencms-vfs.xml/opencms-workplace.xml in
order to insert a new contenttype, but that's not a very "clean" way to
do things.

3.) Also, I noticed that contenttype "faq" in opencms-modules.xml
contains two properties: "content-conversion" and "template-elements".
Content-conversion seems to be something about JTidy. What would be
other valid values for this property.
And template-elements? Is there anywhere a documentation of such properties?

Please help! this is really very discouraging
Thank you very much
Christian