[opencms-dev] Feedback: Upgrade to OpenCms 6.2 Beta

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Wed Feb 15 06:47:23 CET 2006

On 13/02/2006, at 2:48 AM, Arash Kaffamanesh wrote:

> Dear OC-World!
>
> just upgraded 3 installations from OpenCms 6.0 Beta 3, OpenCms
> 6.0.3 and 6.0.4 to OpenCms 6.2 Beta on Staging Servers, all went
> smoothly with module and database export and import, no problems
> detected till now. MySQL db's have been upgraded too from 4.0.23 to
> 4.1. Duration: 6h
>
> The performance is more better now, from my feeling at least :-)

We just upgraded this afternoon on our not-quite-in-production site.

I was pleasantly surprised that there were no real pitfalls. We just
exported our site as a module, did a clean install of 6.2 beta, and
imported the module. Worked nicely.

I'm a bit curious about whether there is any documentation on
features like the new image scaling functions? I've worked out some
of the ?__scale parameters after seeing someone's post on the list,
but was wondering what else it could do...

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.