[opencms-dev] How to secure the login to OpenCms via mod_ssl from apache?

Andreas Heinecke andreas at objectinc.de
Thu Feb 16 09:59:45 CET 2006

Hi Uwe,

the trouble I mean is that, it isn't working.
So here is what I've done:
- changed my virtual server for the login to the workplace to Port 443 instead
of 80
- changed the proxyPort from 80 to 443 for the corresponding Connector entry
in the server.xml
- restarted both servers (apache & tomcat)

As a result of this the login page shows no images at all and a login will not
work.
I use mod_proxy for my multi site configuration, maybe this helps in giving me
a hint.

Assuming that the SSL support is already correct compiled and working for
normal sites, what actions have you taken to secure your login to the
workplace?

Kind regards,

Andreas