[opencms-dev] Linking a folder or changing the location of the modules folder

Andreas Heinecke andreas at objectinc.de
Thu Feb 16 12:13:22 CET 2006

Hi list,

I'm using the templateone for a site and it is quite nice, but I have a
problem with the modules (news, events and so on).
My site appears in 4 languages, for each language I've got a folder: de for
the german one, en for english and so on...
The content of the language folders en, pl, sl are siblings of de, so I'm able
to change the content in only one folder.

Ok, lets go straight forward to the problem. Each language folder contains 4
microsites, all microsites use the same _configuration folder, which is
located in one of these microsites. The advantage is that all microsites use
the same layout and configuration. My question is how can I achieve that with
the modules folder, in that way that all microsites are using the content of
only one module folder? This would be much better than create a news or event
and link it to the other folders.

Is there anyone out there who can give some hints?

best regards,

Andreas