[opencms-dev] Access resources in another site

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sun Feb 19 11:56:31 CET 2006

Dear List,

I have a multi-site project. I try to access files that are in another
site, because I want to provide cross-links between the two.
My problem is, that it doesn't seem to be possible to access files of
another site.

for example the method CmsObject.readResource does:

    return m_securityManager.readResource(m_context,
addSiteRoot(resourcename), filter);

here, addSiteRoot(...) seems to adjust the resource path by adding the
path prefix which belongs to the current site.
So when my request belongs to a sitel, which is stored in
"/sites/site1/" and I want to access "/sites/site2/bla/blubb.html", then
my access is rewritten and becomes "/sites/site1/sites/site2/bla/blubb.html"
What is the use/necessity of this? Why is it made impossible to access
all resources in the VFS, regardless of the project I'm in?

Do you know any way around that which will me allow me to
1) read resources of another site, while
2) having my site run under various domain names

Did anyone have a similar problem? Does anyone know how to circumvent this?
Any remarks are appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Christian