[opencms-dev] How to edit text on a jsp page

Corsin Camichel cocaman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:43:55 CET 2006

Hi Christian

He mentioned that in this first post. But the problem you are having with
this includes, is about the search engine. Lucene indexes the xmlPage, and
so the user has not the real design that belongs to this text.

The same problem will you have, if you do not create a template for news
elements, they get indexed but you can not show them if you click them in
the search results.

Regards
-- Corsin

On 2/23/06, Christian Steinert <christian_steinert at web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you don't want to have so many pages and templates you could also put
> all your static text into ONE xml page.
> Then each of your jsps has to read this xml page and get all the
> elements that it needs in order to insert it into the result.
>
> In that way your site consists of all your jsps plus one file that
> contains the static-text-configuration.
> I would expect that you should be able to use the opencms taglib to get
> individual elements out of an xml document and insert them into the
> result stream, I haven't done it yet.
>
> regards
> Christian

Corsin Camichel