[opencms-dev] debugging with eclipse

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Thu Feb 23 14:00:03 CET 2006

We use Eclipse to debug an instance of OpenCms running in a separate
installation of Tomcat, because that means we're not dependent on the plugin
version.  The 'separate installation' can also be remote, because we attach
to it using Java remote debugging.  As Jozef says, you don't need the source
files in your main project filesystem, just as attached source.  Eclipse
helpfully prompts you to locate this the first time you try to debug into a
class whose source it doesn't yet know about.

Jon