[opencms-dev] nullpointer exception while using contentload on empty folder

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Thu Feb 23 22:41:34 CET 2006

It is a subclass of CmsJspActionElement, so AFAIK the example code
doesn't really need to make an explicit instance of CmsJspActionElement
(cms2). And if you're not using template one then just use the
CmsJspActionElement.

But besides this, it is my understanding that one should use
<contentcheck> inside the loop to test some mandatory field in order to
determine if the list is empty or not. Haven't tried, since I'm using
the same approach as in the example. Which works fine but unfortunately
invokes a potentially expensive collector twice... Well, that something
for the cache to catch ...

Nigel Kersten wrote:
> On 23/02/2006, at 9:44 PM, René Machel wrote:
>
>> CmsTemplateBean cms = new CmsTemplateBean(pageContext, request,
>> response);
>
> What on earth is a CmsTemplateBean? I did a google and it seems to be
> part of templateone...
>

> --Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
> College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.
> CRICOS Provider Code: 00098G

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46
cpr (you know what) codedroids.com - http://www.codedroids.com