Reading OpenCms 6.04 documentation [was: RE: [opencms-dev] Re: flex not found in opencms 6.0]

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Sun Feb 26 09:29:13 CET 2006

Hi, Vipul.

The best place for learning about OpenCms is the documentation which is
installed with it.  If you carry out a full installation of 6.0.4, including
the Alkacon Documentation module, XMLContent module and all TemplateOne
documentation modules, you will get a list of links to that documentation
when you visit the 'home page' of your installation.

So, unfortunately the only way to read the documentation is by installing
the system!  However, if you ever have problems installing it in the first
place that isn't much help.  I've just Googled some of the words which
appear on the documentation pages, and have come up with a list of sites
which have clearly got the documentation installed and are making it
available.  One of the hits is
http://www.iwka-is.de/opencms/opencms/alkacon-documentation/, so you could
start reading the documentation there.  If that disappears, try a Google
search on

            "modules demo pages" "release notes"

Jon