[opencms-dev] Write properties

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Wed Mar 1 12:57:37 CET 2006

Yo wrote:
> Hello,
>  I would like to get all the properties of a resource(this i know) ,
> and then write them to an object. I would like to know if it is
> possible to write properties to a object that has these properties.
>
> Example.
>
>  resource a: Property title:at
>
>  resource b: Property title:bt, nav:bnav
>

> Later i would like to do the following. Get all properties of a(tha is
> title) and put them in , the title will be 'at' and the navegation
> property of b will dissappear.
>
> Thank you.

Yesterday or so I posted some code for accessing file properties.
Basically you do
cmsJspActionElement.getCmsObject().readPropertyObjects("/path/to/resource.xyz");
or
cmsJspActionElement.getCmsObject().writePropertyObjects("/path/to/resource.xyz",
myPropertyList);

see my previous post and the javadoc of CmsProperty for some indication
on how to deal with property objects.

Cheers
c.