[opencms-dev] Using the correct locale for Workplace and for editor widgets

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Thu Mar 2 12:25:18 CET 2006

I'm developing an OpenCms solution for an English client, so ideally we need
the Workplace to use en/GB as a locale, for example (i) in displaying
last-modified dates in the Explorer view, and (ii) in displaying the right
kind of date values in XML editor views.  Does anyone know a way to do this?

I'm setting -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=GB in the shell script in which
I invoke Tomcat, but this doesn't seem to get noticed by OpenCms except in
opencms.log on start-up, when it says

    '[.opencms.i18n.CmsLocaleManager: 306] . i18n configuration   : the JVM
default locale is "en_GB" '.

Any help appreciated.

Jon