[opencms-dev] FCK-editor woes

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Mar 2 17:34:13 CET 2006

Since the old HTMLArea editor in 6.0.4 was causing me trouble - it modified
my source unasked.
HTML-Source (functions in SELECT elements of FORMS) was modified by the
editor (without the will of the author) and it was very tedious and annoying
to back out these modifications each time.

I posted this problem to this list before, but it has been ignored by
my co-readers, let alone the authors of OpenCms.

Anyway, I installed the FCK-editor today but things aren't much better.
The annoying self-editing "feature" is gone, but others appeared:

The background of the page is grey (!) Why that? I want to get what I see (!)
Or better, want to see what is programmed.

In tables with images (cellspacing=0, cellpadding=0) a cellspacing
is drawn, so that images are not displayed adjacent but with a small
grey frame around them.

Parts of the source (Listboxes with SELECT) aren't displayed at all.