AW: [opencms-dev] FCK-editor woes

Kai Schliemann k.schliemann at comundus.com
Fri Mar 3 13:14:23 CET 2006

Hi Chris,
> When you click the Source button to view the source, an extra window
> pops up. This is weird. Why is that? Why does it not show
> the source in the normal window. I don't regard it as a
> particular feature,
> this windows inflation.

I would say it is a feature. AFAIK this is pure Javascript which doesn't
send a request to the server and therefore saves time to view/edit the
source code.

> But what is more annoying, that the search function doesn't work.
> When clicking the fieldglasses button results in a Find window popping up
> but when I insert a string to search for this string is not found.

I'm not sure if you talk about the search in the galleries. If so, I assume
you have to create/update the search index in Administration view.

> Also the Find button overlap the right margin of the Find box so it is
> hard to click the button.
>
> The FCK-Editor is the worser of the two evils of editors.
> Give me a vi-plugin :-)

Ok, so why don't you just hit your IDE and make this editor better/fix the
"bugs" you found and give it back to the community :-))

Regards

Kai