[opencms-dev] Re: Spring / Hibernate: OpenSessionInViewFilter

Georg Raffer georg.nc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 10:47:22 CET 2006

hi,

we are using the
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter with
singleSession.
It works fine. If you use lazy="true" (which is default), you have to
fetch the associations once if you want to use the object in the next
request (e.g. putting into session). Loading in a java class, forwarding
to a jsp in the same request (and than using lazy associations) should
be no problem with this filter.

<filter>
    <filter-name>hibernateFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>
      org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter
    </filter-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>singleSession</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>