[opencms-dev] Running dos command 'net use' in opencms

Manasa PV Manasa_PV at mindtree.com
Mon Mar 6 13:43:02 CET 2006

Hi,

I am trying to run the command 'net use', to get the details of the mapped
drives on my system.

If I run the command through command prompt or a stand alone java program, I
get the correct result. That is :

New connections will be remembered.

Status       Local     Remote                    Network

OK           G:        \\dt1637-nirmapsd\docapp  Microsoft Windows Network

Disconnected           \\dt2069-manasa\myMusic   Microsoft Windows Network

The command completed successfully.

But the same code, when I use in a jsp in opencms it gives the following
result:

New connections will be remembered.

There are no entries in the list.

Is it a security setting that is preventing this command from being executed
in opencms?

This is the code that I use to run the command. The String mappingDetails is
used to store the result of the command.

                                   String mappingDetails = "";

                                   String command = "net use";

                                   Process child =
Runtime.getRuntime().exec(command);