[opencms-dev] Questions about OpenCms

Marc Morris marc at vidmarc.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 14 15:18:54 CET 2006

Hi All,

I'm investigating the possibilities of using OpenCms to completely
upgrade my present website, which has outgrown itself and is in need
of a major update.

My website (fansite) deals primarily with four cult movie directors,
and it sports a home page which lists upcoming DVD releases of
interest to cult movie fans.

Each of the four movie directors in tern have their own news page (so
in effect there are 4 news pages), with details of new and upcoming
releases of their movies. These director pages link to their
filmographies.

I would like to database the entire site, and this is my question -
is OpenCms the software I'm looking for in order to achieve this? I'd
really like to hear your thoughts on this. I'm not at all familiar
with the technical aspects of MySQL, which is why I though this might
be a possible solution.

Best regards,

Marc Morris

Mondo Erotico
DVD News + Franco, Metzger, Rollin + Borowczyk
http://www.mondo-erotico.com/