[opencms-dev] Problems with Tomcat

Vitor Varalonga varalonga at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 16:11:37 CET 2006

Hi all!

I've just installed Apache Tomcat 5.5 after having installed Java 2
SDK 5.0 Update 6.
When I try to run Tomcat on standalone mode it seems to be running perfectly,
but when I try to open the JSP or the Servlet examples I get the typical "HTTP
404 Not Found" error.
As I enter the Tomcat manager section I realize these two applications are
stopped, but when I try to start them I get the following error;

FAIL - Application at context path /jsp-examples could not be started
FAIL - Application at context path /servlets-examples could not be started

Any clue about this?
I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but the JVM path on
Tomcat is set to:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\client\jvm.dll

and JAVA_HOME to:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_06

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks in advance,