[opencms-dev] Static Export Speed in Version 6

Brett Beaumont brett.beaumont at sytec.co.nz
Wed Mar 15 20:50:31 CET 2006

Arash/Christian,

Thanks for you replies. One of the problems we have with our setup is that we have some shared content which gets loaded into multiple pages. For example, a news item that gets incorporated into the home page, and the press releases page. This means that our users only need to create the news item once, but it also means that we need to export the home page and press release page every time a news release is published (neither of which have really been changed).

Looking at the AfterPublishHandler, we may have an ability to code in something like "if publishList contains any files in /common/news/ then export the home page and news pages" to take case of our specific dependencies.

The OnDemandStaticExportHandler handler probably won't help us too much as our process is to export the pages, and then ZIP them up and transfer to a separate web server. As such, the pages are never actually requested from the OpenCMS server; we simply expect them to be on the filesystem.

Thanks again for your prompt replies.

Regards,

Brett Beaumont