[opencms-dev] Google Earth links

Sami Honkonen sami.honkonen at ri.fi
Thu Mar 16 12:16:23 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 15:26 +0200, Panos Kavalagios wrote:
>     Alternatively, he may check the web.xml of Apache Tomcat configuration:
>
> $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml
>
> and add mime-mapping tag for kzw extension.

(I remembered the extension wrong, it's not kzw, it's kmz.)

I added these lines to conf/web.xml:
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>kmz</extension>
        <mime-type>Application/vnd.google-earth.kmz kmz</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

However the content type is still text/html. It's probably because
OpenCMS is handling the request, not Tomcat. The type comes from
OpenCMS.

There is no easier way of adding mime types to OpenCMS than editing a
property file inside a JAR?

--
Sami Honkonen
Reaktor Innovations Oy, http://www.ri.fi