[opencms-dev] jumping between locales in a pages

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Mar 20 19:05:23 CET 2006

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 07:00:05PM +0100, Kai Schliemann wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I think you can do something like <a
> href="<%=currentUri%>?__locale=<%=locale%>">myLanguage</a>.
> This works, if all trees are identical or at least the called page in the
> other locale exists.

My problem is more subtle. Since the trees are different
but the pages are a sibling of one another, I cannot retrieve
the path of the other locales' page by taking the path of the currentUri
since it is different (though the filename is different). I may think of
creating siblings of the folders but I don't know in what mess it would end
up.

Example:

/de/produkte/index.htm    is the german page
                 !
/en/products/index.htm    is the english page

A-V mark siblings

I need a method like getNextSibling() and test for the locale of that sibling.
And then something like getResource or getPath on that object.

> HTH

almost.