[opencms-dev] Webusers migration

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Tue Mar 21 13:08:51 CET 2006

Hello,

Every information I've found about migrating OpenCms users from one system
to another refers to "regular" users. Our present problem is to migrate
Webusers, and these are not included when you do a database export with
"Include account data".

Can it be done just by extracting their data from the origin CMS_USERS table
(USER_TYPE = 2 ?) and inserting it "as is" in the destination one, or is
there something else? In particular, I'm worried about the complex structure
of the USER_ID, e.g. "1a54a631-97b9-11da-8b77-bb967f5326f1". Does it have a
meaning that is not "exportable"? Could we get duplicate key errors when
inserting it?

Or is there an official way to do this? Thanks for any suggestion,

Pere