[opencms-dev] Better not using PostgreSQL 8 anymore?

Uhlig, Roman Knuepfer Verlag roman.uhlig at knve.de
Wed Mar 22 10:46:44 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm currently planning the migration of our OpenCms installations to our
new servers and find myself confronted with the question, whether I
should still use PostgreSQL 8 for it.
>From my point of view the bugs and problems are adding up, e.g. I still
can't delete users with OpenCms 6.0.4. All these problems start to have
a serious impact on the usability of OpenCms in connection with
PostgreSQL 8.

What do you think: Is there room for hope for a maintenance of the
PostgreSQL 8 implementation, or should I switch to another database
(which would be a pain, since we are only using PostgreSQL 8 on our
online servers)?

Best regards,
Roman