[opencms-dev] Better not using PostgreSQL 8 anymore?

Ivan Codarin ivan.codarin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 14:43:47 CET 2006

Dear All,
I'm trying to have postgresql working at two levels:
1. junit tests are now working in the development branch (not in the
6.2beta). Tests on group/user deletetion are running successfully.
2. setup wizard: last night I created a different setup wizard where I
fixed some problems.

The template1 being accessed by other users persists because (i think)
the connection pooler is locking  the template.
But if you enter all the correct data  the first time
(dbname,dbuser,templatename) and you never press "back" all runs smoothly.
If you need to change the setup you have to re-start postgresql/tomcat
(I think this will not be solved for the 6.2 release).

*This happens on the development branch  (6.1.11) that isn't the
6.2beta, so you can try it only checking out from cvs when Alkacon's
team will commit it!*
I solved another bug regarding the database name that in the previous
versions should be the same as the username.

I posted (sometime ago) a little tutorial on how to install 6.2beta on
postgresql... try to search on the mailing list (subject like postgresql
6.2beta).

I hope to agree with Alkacon team on these changes on the setup classes
and steps to release this features for the 6.2 at the end of this week
(and fixes for 6.2.1).

Regards
Ivan