[opencms-dev] Static Export fine tuning

Aruno Johnson aruno.johnson at case.edu
Wed Mar 22 22:25:38 CET 2006

Hi,

So I don't actually have a problem with the static export feature. I
followed the directions and everything works exactly as it should. I do
however have a question about fine tuning the process.

I have the folder "/sites/default/about/" and I have it the rfs rule's
for that resource with the exportpath set to /[path-to-apache-htdocs]/test/

This works fine and the result is a folder accessible at
http://[web-server-URL]/test/sites/default/about/

QUESTION: How do I chop /sites/default/ out of the final URL? I just
want http://[web-server-URL]/test/about/

I know I can make apache rewrite the URL but that seems ugly and
confusing. I am looking for a better way.

I am using OpenCMS 6.2 beta

Aruno