[opencms-dev] New SVG mime-types for 6.2.0 release

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Thu Mar 23 00:57:52 CET 2006

Hi Uwe,

that's only almost right. Quote from http://support.adobe.com/devsup/devsup.nsf/docs/50809.htm

Known Issue: image/svg+xml Recommended SVG Mime Type

Summary
The W3C changed the SVG MIME type from "image/svg-xml" to "image/svg+xml"

Issue
Before November 2, 2000, the SVG MIME Type was "image/svg-xml"
Solution
On November 2, 2000, the W3C changed the recommended SVG MIME Type to "image/svg+xml". For example, if you want to embed an SVG document into an HTML file, you would specify something similar to this:

<EMBED SRC="file.svg" NAME="SVGEmbed" HEIGHT="350" WIDTH="400"
TYPE="image/svg+xml" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/">

end quote.

so it should be "image/svg+xml" instead.

regards,
Christian