[opencms-dev] Image gallery dialogue not appearing when editing XML content

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Fri Mar 24 08:30:03 CET 2006

Good morning from rainy London.

I've got a custom XML content type which includes an OpenCmsImage element.
The image location is of type OpenCmsVfsFile, and I'm using the
ImageGalleryWidget layout widget to render the editing interface - or
rather, I'm trying to!  It's worked for me in other cases, but in this one
I'm not having much luck.

When I edit an XML content instance of my custom type and click on the image
gallery button, I get the image gallery pop-up window containing only HTTP
404 output, and the resource which can't be found is this:

    /opencms/opencmsundefined&dialogmode=widget&fieldid=<bla bla>

I've dug around inside the code for a bit, but still haven't managed to find
exactly where 'undefined' is coming from.  I know it's meant to be the path
to a Workplace gallery JSP, but I don't know why it isn't being set
properly.

Has anyone else come across this problem and solved it?

Jon