[opencms-dev] unable to logon..as admin

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Fri Mar 24 15:27:33 CET 2006

Priyanka Shah schrieb:
> hi,
> thanks for the quick reply.I have created templates and the
> webpages.The templates are in
> /sysem/modules/org.test.site/templates,and the webpages i have placed
> them in the /www/ folder.The folder /www/ was created by me following
> the required configurations for opencms.
>
> So now tht as a normal user i'm unable to access the root folder,do i
> place all the webpages in the /sites/default/,which the user is able
> to access..??
Hi,

please write to the list, if you have general questions...

If you configure /www/ as a site then you can also choose it in the
sites: - dropdown in the opencms explorer.

/sites/default/ is meant as starting point for the first site in your
systems. You can use whatever folder you like, but I think it makes
sense to put all websites under /sites/whatever/

The alcacon docs contain a section on how to configure a multi-website
system.
You should read those instructions, if you have more than one website in
your system and if all of them should have a different address

Christian