[opencms-dev] CmsRoles

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Fri Mar 24 16:21:46 CET 2006

I was hoping to allow a specific user have access to edit web-users (and
not much more than that).

But looking at the source (6.0.3) it does seem that this requires
membership of the Administration group because this is the only group
related to the role needed to access the account module.

It seems what I should be able to do was to add the particular group to
  a given role - CmsRole.ACCOUNT_MANAGER in this case. But since a role
can be hooked directly to only one group (hardcoded to Administrator),
the intention of CmsRole may be a bit different than I expect.

So, unless I have overlooked something, it seems the "simplest" approach
is to hack the account module. Anyone found another approach?

Claus

--
Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46