[opencms-dev] Installing on JBoss - "WAR not unpacked"

François-Léonard Gilbert gilbertf at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 17:21:42 CET 2006

Hi all!

I have solved the problem, or at least sidestepped it!  I will now
need more explanation from the experts, to be able to put things back
in order.

To make the "WAR file NOT unpacked" problem go away, I changed the
permissions on the "/opencms.war/" directory and ALL it's
subdirectories AND files to Read, Write and eXecute for user group and
world. (I did a "chmod -R 777" on the directory)   The big question
is: how does this prevent the unpacked flag from going up?

Since I went a teeny weeny bit overboard with the permissions, I'd
like to know if I could have limited the permission change to the
directories to open as little as possible the permissions on the
server.

Once all the kinks in this are worked out, I will send a nice HOWTO
with all the details.

François