[opencms-dev] FCKEditor with IE7

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon Mar 27 10:29:02 CEST 2006

> Is it possible to set IE7 in "IE6 Compatibility Mode" or something
> like that?  Or otherwise specify a different user agent string?

As opposed to my 1st answer, it IS possible to force IE to report a
different Useragent.
Quote:

    "Fortunately, IE5.0 and later allow you to override the user-agent
    string used by scripting and sent by the browser.

    Simply save the following as IE7UA.REG.  Double-click the file to
    merge it into your registry and restart the browser to see the change.

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settings\5.0\User Agent]
    "Version"="MSIE 6.0"

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
    "SV1"=-

    You can easily undo the change by saving and merging the following
    IE7Undo.reg.

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settings\5.0\User Agent]
    "Version"=-

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
    "SV1"=""

    You can test the change using a simple page that echos the
    User-Agent, e.g.: http://www.fiddlertool.com/useragent.aspx."

But modifying the FCKedit - configuration is probably the better way
chris