[opencms-dev] Internal Link Validation 6.0.4

Thomas Suter thomas.suter at numcom.com
Mon Mar 27 16:11:15 CEST 2006

Hi

I'm using OpenCMS 6.0.4 (windows xp, tomcat 5.5.16, jdk 1.5.)

I'have some trouble running the internal link validation.

I tried the following:

created a page, uploaded a file, inserted a link to the uploaded file,
published all changes

During publishing opencms tells me that all links are ok.

Well, actually it tells me nothing it just say:
 validating link....
... finished validating links

I assume that no errors occurred.

so far so good, then I moved the uploaded file to a new folder and
published that change.

Again, during publishing opencms "tells me that all links are ok", or
rather it does not complain about the broken link ;-)

I guess I'm doing something wrong.

I'd appreciate it very much if some one could explain to me what the
idea behind the link validation is and how i can configure it to run
properly.

Thanks

Thomas