[opencms-dev] Internal Link Validation 6.0.4

Robert Petermeier robert2.0 at gmx.de
Tue Mar 28 13:02:08 CEST 2006

Hi Thomas!

Thomas Suter schrieb:
> Yes actually I have tried.
> Please note that the linked file has been delete from the CMS so validation should fail.
>
> This is the link part of my page:
>
> <A href="<cms:link>link.pdf</cms:link >" target
> =_blank>Link Check Should FAIL</A>

I agree, this appears to b a bug in 6.0.4. I had to find this out the
hard way because I did trust the link validation on both my development
system and the customer's server, only to find out later that there were
lots of broken links in the production system.

[By the way, these broken links resulted from a database export of an
earlier (unstable) version of 6.0 that randomly prepended the site path
to some links.]

Apparently, this hasn't been reported yet. Do you report it or shall I?

Robert